Sunday, March 12, 2006

434 and 438 Runs in an ODI / O Mi Gosh


Historical Win, originally uploaded by abgpt.

Did anyone see that coming when two cricket giants, Australia and South Africa started series this spring.

HOLY CRAP!

434 runs by Australian Cricket team created a new world record of highest total BUT the fantabulous South Africans chased like whirlwind and won by one wicket, with a score card of 438. This new record broke the old one made by Srilanka against Kenya at Kandy in 1996. Here is the list of highest team totals.

Remaining on the topic but with a variation in mood, take at look here and let me know how you feel about this juxtaposition.

qiyamat ki nishanian hain bhi !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they took MgGrath and Ponting out of Aussie team, it'd be least fav. team of mine. South Africa, now, and Kiwis were always my favorite teams but very unlucky as well. So, it's not very untrue that Cricket is by chance (and luck). South Africa was always capable of becoming world champions in every of the last three world cups but they never quite get that. Strange luck, this is.
But this one match reminds us all how wonderfully talented SouthAfrican team is. Bravo! I am truly awed and smiling.

Ayesha said...

well true it is. South Africa is one dedicated team.Also true is that Australian team does not score very well on mannerism but dude are they less committed then south Africans? I guess no is the answer.

you shud have heard fadi..he was like.. "omigod..omigod..what happened today" :)

Uzi said...

yeah.. i missed this game big time. No cricket here in Qatar at thi point, well atleast not on my sattellite and when I woke up after a good sleep and saw every brown guy on my msn list practically screaming about this core, i was like what? what did I miss?

I love the south africans. I'm not a big aussie fan at all. and I was sooooo happy to see that the Southies trumped 'em on this day. nevertheless, both the score and the effort show how amazingly talented and dedicated both these teams really are.

Nabeel said...

i knoww .. i heard .. danggg !! I think it was luck though ..

I never received an email on my gmail from you .. sure @ help .. what do you need help with?